SPC Wizard is a SPC program for variables and attributes. SPC Wizard is unique in that it combines a complete SPC training module containing process simulations and a process improvement game with full functionality for real-time data entry and analysis.
The training module of SPC Wizard for variables contains a graphical simulation of a launcher firing tennis balls. The program records the positions where the balls land. Landing position is influenced by both common and special causes of variation.
The program is developed for students who already have a basic knowledge of SPC. It teaches them how to apply SPC to production processes.
SPC Wizard is capable of reading data from ACCESS, Excel or DataLyzer directly. This means you can directly show control charts and capability analysis with superb analysis possibilities of your data without manipulation of your data files. With a set-up Wizard, you can quickly define a data entry table for new data, including date and time fields, note fields, fields with other production information (like process settings and tracking and tracing information). Once data has been entered you have full analysis capabilities with the control chart, histogram, Pareto chart, multi vari analysis and scattergram. SPC Wizard contains many features to facilitate data analysis, for example:
- calculate control limits using any section of the data;
- make analysis based on parameters added to the chart like operators, ordernumbers, articlenumbers etc. (multi variance analysis)
- select attributes to appear in a chart;
- multiple Paretos, histograms or control charts;
- time based analysis;
- add notes to the samples;
- exclude points from the calculations;
- change the number of columns in a Pareto;
- combine samples or calculate intervals in a special rare event mode;
- show different charts on one screen;
- add information to the samples to allow correlation analysis between process settings and attribute defects.
- make correlations between different tables from any SPC Wizard, ACCESS or Excel file based on a common parameter (eg workordernr) or based on time differences